Supply Chain Lead/Buyer
· Responsible for the sourcing and procurement of raw materials inventory.
· Responsible for developing and maintaining vendor relationships, as well as negotiating and documenting vendor pricing, quality and performance issues
· Work with Engineering and Project Management teams to identify, source, and procure required raw materials.
· Understand the materials and how they are used to find the lowest cost option.
· Adhere to standard operating procedures to monitor and maintain material data integrity within QuickBooks.
· Understand inventory and production reports to ensure needed materials arrive on schedule.
· Develop strategies to minimize procurement costs and inventory levels
· Coordinate with operations and project management to set inventory levels and perform continuous analysis to maintain established inventory levels.
· React to changes in customer demands quickly and effectively.
· Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders
· Work with the inventory management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
· Other tasks as assigned by management.
· 2 years of buying &/or procurement experience
· Strong negotiating skills
· Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word
· QuickBooks experience preferred.
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Ability to work well with a team
· Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
· Solid problem solving and analytical skills
· The ability to interpret technical drawings preferred
· College degree preferred