The Investment Analyst will identify and implement strategic asset-level initiatives through market research and operating data analysis. The Analyst will participate in property-level budget review and approval process utilizing proprietary metrics to accurately forecast property level NOI and cash flow as well as monitor property and portfolio performance. The Analyst will prepare and execute strategic implementation of property-level revenue enhancement including, but not limited to, rent optimization, expense management, and value-add opportunities. The Analyst will generate performance reports on a quarterly basis at the property and fund level as well as generate investment briefs for new investment partnerships. Using all of the knowledge and reporting generated above, the Analyst will play a crucial role in the financial underwriting process of the various portfolios and partnerships.
- Develop property budgets and formulate long-term asset strategies, including producing sensitivity analyses and other ad-hoc analyses for ongoing strategic initiatives
- Review property-level operating and financial performance, perform variance analysis and report on operating and capital project status
- Develop and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and/or presentations for investment partners using Yardi, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Assist senior management with executing transaction-related activities such as dispositions, recapitalizations, and refinancing by preparing finance packages (including financial briefs, rent rolls, leases, and corporate entity information)
- Oversee portfolio financing and property pipeline for property packages coming online out of acquisitions and construction
- Provide data and reports as lenders request (financial performance, updated schedule of real estate holdings, rent rolls, tax returns, etc)
- Develop portfolio specific financial models and investment memorandums for internal analysis and to review, screen, and present new real estate equity and debt investments
- Assist in analysis of JV partnership waterfall structures, capital structures and budgeting scenarios
- Research sales and lease comps for various projects while updating and maintaining internal sales comp database.
- Develop Yardi reporting structure to match internal and investor reporting needs
- Mine various sources for investment opportunities and market intelligence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or a related field is required; a GPA of 3.5 or higher is strongly preferred (this is a pre-MBA role)
- Minimum of one to three years of working experience, preferably in real estate investments, lending or appraisal industry
- Solid experience with and understanding of financial modeling and building/manipulating complex spreadsheets
- Outstanding Excel financial modeling and analytical skills, with an ability to easily create models from scratch (Excel skills should also include vlookups, macros and index match)
- Ability to interpret and synthesize general concepts as well as raw data into a comprehensive financial analysis.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Working knowledge of Yardi and/or other accounting platforms is a plus
- Team player to primarily support Finance team as well as Acquisitions team on an as-needed basis.
- A commitment to perform high-quality work, and to work long hours if necessary, in a collaborative environment on a growing team
- Excellent oral and written communication and information management skills with an ability to effectively communicate with various levels of personnel, including senior management.
- An outgoing, collaborative style with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Keen attention to detail in an environment that will require the candidate to juggle multiple deadlines under minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, with quick responsiveness and a sense of urgency
GNR Group is a real estate investment firm which also includes construction and property management companies under its umbrella. Since its inception in 2005, GNR Group has built a strong reputation as a leader in Philadelphia's single-family affordable housing market and expects to grow not only its footprint, but also its influence in the coming years.
Today the Group's main focus is on the establishment and development of high-yielding private equity real estate funds. GNR currently manages a portfolio of 750 units totaling 830,000 rentable square feet, oversees the construction of approximately 60 units at any given time, and regularly acquires new assets to maintain a pipeline of 100 units in different stages of development.