Allegiance Mobile Health
negotiable / month
Position Title: Fleet Mechanic/Automobile Technician
Reports To: District Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing safe and well-maintained vehicles for our EMS Fleet Maintenance Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Responsibilities include, but not limited to)
- Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- You must be willing to clean, detail, and shuttle vehicles.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Ability to move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel and crawl to repair vehicles.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, fumes and noise.
- Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases or other irritants.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable with company carrier.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Allegiance is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.