Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies – North American Title Insurance & States Title – we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S.
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year! This industry is only growing and we are ambitious enough to dare and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Under general supervision and direction of an Escrow Officer or Escrow Manager, prepares escrow instructions, draws or directs the drawing of documents, requests issuance of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists Escrow Officer, escrow principals and/or their lenders. Reconciles escrow instructions with preliminary title report or title commitment. Provides related office support as required.
- Prepares or follows escrow instructions consistent with the requirements of the parties and obtains their approval. Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers’ and sellers’ deposits.
- Reviews preliminary title report or commitment to verify vesting and legal description.
- Compares exceptions shown in title report or commitment with buyers’, sellers’ and lenders’ instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions.
- Consults with Title Officer, Escrow Officer, lender and/or principals in reconciling discrepancies between instructions and title report or commitment, modifying escrow instructions or obtaining release of liens and other encumbrances as directed.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, for insurance policies, deeds of trust, reconveyances and other documents. Prepares or directs the preparation of authorized documents, insuring proper execution and recording of same.
- Prorates or directs the pro-ration of taxes, fire insurance, loan, brokers’ commissions and other charges.
- Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title.
- Escrow bookkeeping.
- Works with title department to process orders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Escrow Assistant
- Computer, e-mail, word processing knowledge and experience required.
- Escrow experience required.
- Real estate knowledge helpful.
- Notary Public Commission helpful
- Customer Service Skills
What NAT Brings To The Table
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.