negotiable / monthly
Immediate opportunity for this entry level position
The Data Associate is responsible for the quality control of patient data on one or more studies, working with Clinical Research Associates at member institutions, physicians and statisticians throughout this process. Great job for someone looking to get back into the workforce.
- Review and evaluation of clinical patient data utilizing the electronic data capture system Medidata Rave®.
- Assisting with the creation and validation of electronic case report forms and edit checks for their assigned studies.
- Using a study specific Data Management Plan, review site reported data elements, generate manual queries, resolve answered queries.
- Perform serious adverse event reconciliation between Rave® and the National Cancer Institute's safety database.
- Review treatment information, evaluate response to treatment, and ensure follow-up and survival data are accurately coded and updated in the database in a timely way.
- Work with the Study Chair to perform final case review.Review and provide input for protocols in development.
- Assist the study chair and statistician with the preparation of the database for analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in one of the Life Sciences. Medical or biological sciences background is helpful but not required.
- 1+ yr of experience; Previous experience with clinical studies is desired
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in database and word processing skills, and MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and an ability to interact cordially with others
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge/experience with electronic data submission a plus, but will fully train qualified candidates.
Ideal candidate will have 1+ yr experience with a clinical studies background
All Candidates must submit a cover letter expressing their interest to be considered as well as answering the questions posted.
Complete training is provided to qualified candidates. Full time, 40 hour position, Monday – Friday during normal business hours (8-4 or 9-5).
The ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group (ECOG-ACRIN) is a multidisciplinary, membership-based scientific organization that designs and conducts biomarker-driven cancer research clinical trials involving adults who have or are at risk of developing cancer. ECOG-ACRIN consists of a headquarters location in Philadelphia, PA., and several fully staffed centers and offices, including an operations office and statistical data management center located in Boston, MA. The ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group is a project of the ECOG-ACRIN Medical Research Foundation