Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) Division is currently seeking an Automation Engineer to join our team. This position can be based at our Raleigh, NC, Charlotte, NC, Peachtree City, GA, Moon Township, PA, or El Paso, TX facility.
Eaton is seeking an Automation Engineer within our Advanced Manufacturing Team in the Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) business. This position is responsible for driving metric improvements through automation and control improvements of current and new manufacturing operations. Key metric improvements include efficiency, quality and safety in manufacturing. The current focus will be on developing new equipment and installations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Lead projects to develop and deploy automation systems into manufacturing operations through a phase-gate project management process (PROLaunch).
- Work closely with cross-functional resources to execute projects – Information Technology, Operational Excellence, Production, Quality, Facilities.
- Guide & support plant teams with manufacturing automation and alternatives to current methodologies.
- Work as liaison to divisional manufacturing leaders, plant teams, and suppliers and in alignment with standard practices developed by the ESA Advanced Manufacturing Engineering organization.
- Align Industry 4.0 project objectives to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist manufacturing teams in the development, submission & approval of business cases for automation opportunities.
- Train key plant personnel on operations and maintenance of deployed systems to ensure successful adoption and achieve improvement objectives.
- Develop knowledge & expertise in leading automation technologies to be a subject matter expert (SME) for the deployment sites and teams.
- Coordination and oversight of projects from concept to implementation and scaling.
- Assist with development of purchase agreements and contracts with key suppliers and machine builders.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we – as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with at least 1 year being hands on in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work locations will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering and controls (Operational Excellence; Lean Manufacturing; Continuous Improvement)
- Experience in controls engineering, programming, automation, and robotics.
- Manufacturing system experience (MES, warehousing or related systems)
- Understanding of machine connectivity, communication protocols & data management
- Understanding of IT infrastructure & system integration
- Proficient with computer and software tools – including advanced Excel capabilities (pivots, macros, etc.)
- Expertise in lean manufacturing & Six Sigma
- Knowledgeable with automated manufacturing CNC and robotic operations including: (G, M-code, Ladder/Control Logics, PLC, SCADA, HMI, Vision)
- Knowledge of industrial / manufacturing certification requirements in regulated manufacturing industries such as RIA, OSHA, ISO, UL, and CE.
- Computer Aided Drafting – mechanical and electrical design
- Building and delivering scalable techniques
- Demonstrated project management experience, including risk management & change management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate effectively and professionally across many organizational levels and functions and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as fabrication, assembly & test, as well as materials management and quality processes
- Proven problem-solving capability
- Ability to act as an agent of change, driving and enabling process change
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles & tools
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Takes initiative to develop personally and professional and actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America – US/Puerto Rico
United States-Texas-El Paso
United States-Pennsylvania-Moon Township, United States-Georgia-Peachtree City, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
El Paso TX Loc 8
ES CRDS RESI Residential
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :092917