Milestone Behavioral Health, located in Yardley, PA, is seeking Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) for their BHRS program. Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) implements treatment plans and behavioral interventions to emotionally disturbed children/adolescents within a therapeutic environment. TSS will be spending time working directly with a child in their school, home, and/or community environment. A TSS will use a behavioral treatment plan to help that child improve their behavioral health through the use of a series of short term goals. This opportunity is highly flexible and can be a primary or secondary job that can work around scheduling needs.
· Works collaboratively with the Behavior Specialist Consultant and all team members to ensure the service plan is meeting the child’s needs and recommend other services as needed.
· Provides 1:1 support and interventions when required including behavior modification techniques and proactive strategies to stabilize the child or adolescent as outlined in the treatment plan.
· Supports the family and school personnel in their efforts to stabilize the child by providing information, guidance, modeling and counseling.
· Provides therapeutic intervention with clients during treatment and educational activities, that which behaviors impede the functioning of.
· Assists in the management of behavioral escalation by way of using only de-escalation and behavior management techniques approved by Program Manager and taught by BSC / supervisor.
· Works in traditional as well as non-traditional settings (i.e., home, school, day care, community, etc.) in order to meet the needs of the child.
· Effective documentation of behavioral progress and relays information to team members, supervisors, and other staff as required.
· Ensures all required documentation is completed legibly, professionally, and submitted in a timely manner.
*This is a Fee For Service job opportunity.
· Four-year college degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Criminal Justice or a related human
· Required Clearances: child abuse, criminal check, FBI fingerprint, First Aid/CPR, Mandated Reporting certification
An open and equitable personnel system will be established and maintained. Personnel policies, procedures and practices will be designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
– To be the best, most compassionate behavioral health company we can be
– Advocate for the mentally ill and intellectually disabled.
– Work in collaboration with consumers, families, and other community agencies and organizations.
– We strive to empower others to move toward recovery wherever they need it
– We are committed to the continuous improvement of our agency AND to the field of Human Services in general
– We are committed to partnering with other behavioral health professionals to help others while also making sure we all have time to take care of ourselves
We'd love to meet you!