Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces minimally invasive robotic surgery systems that uses highly complex mechanics, replaceable instruments and accessories, and enhanced three-dimensional visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand.
The test engineer will conduct and write tests for new prototype for the advanced product development group. A successful candidate will be technically focused, hands-on, and work with the research team to produce working prototypes of new product/therapy opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Inspect and evaluate new prototypes of flexible endoscopes and endoscopic tools
• Executes mechanical, electrical, and clinical tests of new prototype tools
• Identifies and reports problems that arise during early testing
• Analyze and consolidate test data
• 2+ years of experience
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out basic test instructions. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest process improvements, especially those involving test fixturing. Ability to write and modify basic test instructions. Must be a quick learner with the ability understand complex products and processes
• Proficiency with computers and Excel software
• Ability to write and follow test protocols
• Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Ability to multitask, and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively. Ability to work with biological samples, including blood, tissue and organs.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
Offering a competitive salary + bonus and comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance.