Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer, Medical Device/Robotics. This position is open to remote candidates located in the Pacific Time Zone in the United States. It could be based in SF Bay area OR Los Angles OR Fresno OR Portland OR Seattle OR Las Vegas OR Reno.
This is a remote opportunity. A secure, quiet, distraction-free work environment is required during your scheduled work shift.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is responsible for providing remote and onsite technical support of all Robotic & Digital Solutions commercially available products to customers, Field Service Engineers and other regional support teams. As the first level of technical assistance, the TSE will provide customers and field personnel with technical assistance by phone, email, and chat. Additionally, remote post-sales technology support and technical services to external customers and internal field personnel utilizing remote diagnostic capabilities. This person is passionate about the customer and makes decisions with that as a priority.
- Provide troubleshooting and remote diagnostics of the product line, which includes hardware and software capabilities.
- Perform problem analysis and isolate problems of minimal to moderate complexity, with general instruction and oversight from team leads and/or management.
- Achieve and maintain targeted call statistics such as number of calls answered, number of cases closed or issues resolved, along with other established goals.
- Document cases, recommendations, and resolutions clearly in the CRM system
- Handle technical inquiries from hospital personnel, including physicians and staff, field personnel, including service, sales, and training.
- Escalate field issues to internal support groups as appropriate.
- Develop Knowledge Database articles intended to communicate system issues and notices to the field.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Military/Vocational/some college work/Trade school in Engineering or related field AND 8 years work experience in a customer support, technical support/technical service role
- Vocational/Trade Certificate AND 6 years related work experience
- Associate degree in Engineering or related field AND 4 years work experience in a Technical Support, Field Service, Product Support, or advanced Customer Support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to translate and simplify problems of considerable scope and complexity into manageable tasks with measurable requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An approachable individual who prides him or herself on providing a high level of service and support.
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Windows O/S and in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Ability to do occasional overnight travel internationally & outside local area.
- Experience working in regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
- Experience working with medical devices.
- SAP and Salesforce experience
- Experience working with CRM and ERP systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Linux Operating System
- Programming languages experience
- Experience working in a regulated environment and with medical devices or laboratory instrumentation.
United States-California-San Francisco-
North America-United States-California-Los Angeles, North America-United States-California-Sacramento, North America-United States-Nevada-Las Vegas, North America-United States-Nevada-Reno, North America-United States-Oregon-Eugene, North America-United States-Oregon-Portland, North America-United States-Washington-Seattle, North America-United States-Washington-Spokane, North America-United States-California-Fresno
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)