9-11 month contract
Virtual (anywhere in the United States)
We are seeking a Systems Engineer for a 9-11 month contract role with a leading client headquartered in Seattle, WA. This is a virtual position and can be worked from anywhere in the United States. The Systems Engineer should have a blend of design experience and program/project management experience. In this role, they will have the opportunity to work with team members from Area Managers to Executive Leaders all over the United States from different business functions. The role covers a very broad scope of responsibilities and tasks. This position that the opportunity to convert to a permanent position.
Services to be performed:
- Evaluate change requests that are generated by sites in North America.
- Act as the industrial designer and Technical program manager of extra small to medium sized projects that need minor development work such as replacing MaxxReaches with gravity pallet build lanes, installing safety gates on ARSAWs that were removed by the site without approval, moving AR ladders 4.5″ closer to the AR pod, etc.
- Help maintain and optimize some of the mechanisms that we use such as the SIM dashboard, Skuid and Quip. (this does require not SDE skills, only basic computer knowledge)
- Modify vendor facing technical documents such as Request for Quotes
- Top requirements: excellent communication and experience in design and capital management.
- Bachelors in Engineering; Industrial, Mechanical (or similar)
- 2-4 years of related experience
- System Design
- MHE Design
- Process Improvement
- Program Management
- Customer fulfillment
- Great written and verbal communication
- Problem Solving in ambiguous situations
- Lean Fundamentals
- Project Budget Creation
- Technical Writing
- Controls/Logic knowledge
- Executive Communication