Leading international company based in OCa is seeking a Staff Accountant. The Company offers additional opportunities for advancement and is looking for a long term person with potential to grow with the them
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to provide accounting, analysis and reporting to the accounting organization and ensure that appropriate financial processes and systems are in place. Creates and maintains a culture of compliance and organizational excellence through collaboration with accounting and finance staff, and management.
- Responsible for the monthly close including developing calendars to ensure corporate deliverables are identified and achieved
- Assist in the financial reporting process for internal management reporting
- Assist in Improving the accounting and financial reporting process by helping evaluate processes and implementing changes.
- Ensures that balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed in a timely manner
- Research and analyze accounting issues as they develop
- Assists in the timely completion of all debits and credits assigned to them for the successful completion of the month end close
Work with business teams & Corporate functions to help improve financial results and efficiency
- Support financial audits
- Prepare bank and monthly account reconciliations
- Participate in special projects as required
- Desire to help to automate, streamline and document processes
- Partnering with functional groups at all levels of the organization
- Analytical skills, creative problem solving ability, communication skills, and a personal commitment to quality.
- Strong customer service orientation in all dealings with internal and external customers
- Bachelors degree required (Finance/Accounting majors preferred).
- 1-3 years (or more) of direct accounting experience including month end close OR audit experience in public accounting
- Requires experience performing journal entries, reconciliations, analysis and monthly close OR audit experience in public accounting.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to manage a broad range of activities and juggle multiple tasks
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Working knowledge accounting systems a plus