Sr. Leader, Agile Platform Manager
Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America • Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America • Tarrytown Office, 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America • Virtual Req #775
Thursday, April 22, 2021
Be a part of the transformation at MVP Health Care®. MVP Health Care is a nationally-recognized, regional not-for-profit health insurer. We care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont and are powered by the ideas andenergy of more than 1,700 employees.We employ talented people with diverse backgrounds and experience-tech people, numbers people, even people people-to make health insurance more convenient, more supportive, and more personal. If you’re ready to join a thriving, mission-driven company where you can create your own opportunities-it’s time to make a healthy career move to MVP.
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
The Senior Leader, Platform Manager is a critical part of the digital transformation, managing and driving roadmap development for MVP’s technology platforms. The Agile Platform Manager will collaborate with Agile Product Managers, business partners, MVP stakeholders, and execution teams on roadmap development and solution design for MVP’s technology platforms (core administration, data, CRM, etc). The role will focus on optimizing the adoption and application of our major technology platforms.The Platform Manager will develop and align technology roadmaps for MVP’s platforms to enable business capabilities for stakeholders and customers. In addition, the Platform Manager will work with aligned scrum teams to ensure that backlogs support product roadmaps and platform vision.
Responsibilities of this position will include the following:
• Identify and communicate vision for platforms that align with MVP Digital Products and business partner needs
• Become an “expert” on assigned platform, ensuring that the organization is optimizing the platform and implementing best practices
• Assess customer needs, perform market research, gather business partner needs, and suggest features for platforms
• Gather data from qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform roadmaps
• Work with executive strategy team,business owners, and technical teams to gain alignment on platform vision and roadmaps
• Work across the business to prioritize epics/features, organize product increments, and present on platform roadmaps
• Present clear and well-defined goals for product increments
• Participate in solution strategy process to ensure that solutions being defined align with increment goals
• Work with product and business owners to ensure epic prioritization is representative of the product roadmap
• Track and manage metrics to measure product performance (e.g. adoption metrics, customer satisfaction, etc.) #LI-REMOTE
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .