Responsibilities: Assist/lead in the design and implementation of IT infrastructure solutions for Cornerstone and Corporate Clients. Assist in development of Cornerstone solution offerings and sales pursuit of opportunities. Develop project scope, activity duration estimates, and formal agreements to support client engagements.
Lead solution implementations on client sites and work effectively with other Cornerstone, client, and outside resources for successful project delivery within schedule, budget, and quality requirements. Assist in the development and implementation of procedures necessary to ensure implementations and environments operate at peak efficiency. Work with Clients, Sales, Support and Development groups to ensure solutions meet reliability, security and functional requirements. Collaborate with appropriate staff to ensure quality customer documentation. Provide guidance to clients on technology solutions that can enhance their business within their resource constraints.
- Client Operations Support: Obtain and retain consistent, loyal clients through proactive and outstanding customer service and communication, while showing initiative and creative problem solving skills by:
- Rapid assessment, troubleshooting, and resolution of client network/application issues with little or no support from client or Cornerstone resources within defined timeframes per Cornerstone Service Agreement commitments.
- Proactive identification of current and potential client issues.
- Formulating plans to resolve or mitigate those issues.
- Clearly communicating the issues and plans through written and verbal communication.
- Executing plans quickly and efficiently with minimum impact to the client’s work environment.
- Relentlessly pursuing the resolution of outstanding issues.
- Deliver client solutions in a professional, error-free manner, on time and within budget. Ensure client fully understands new technologies and is comfortable with implementations.
- Treat client end users with dignity and respect and maintain professional integrity.
- Assist other Cornerstone team members in supporting current and new customer engagements.
- Serve as primary client contact as required maintaining client IT infrastructure with little or no supervision.
- Assist other Cornerstone business functions as required.
- Maintain all Cornerstone internal, external, and assigned client infrastructures within Cornerstone service agreement parameters.
- Interface with third party vendors of hardware, software, and service providers to resolve issues and ensure efficient internal and client business operations.
- Study and understand product and solution features and requirements
- Create detailed project plans necessary to deliver solutions.
- Understand client’s business and business processes. Generate new sales within existing clients by proactively developing technology recommendations, priorities, timelines, estimates, and presenting them to clients. Demonstrate vision and discipline for clients by:
- Proactively defining current and future technology needs.
- Formulating and presenting a plan to implement solutions for those needs.
- Clearly communicating the needs and plans through written and verbal communication.
- If the client agrees to the work, testing the solution in a test environment.
- Executing the implementation quickly and efficiently with a minimum impact to the customer’s work environment.
- Create and maintain accurate and relevant technical documentation.
- Create and provide timely status and expense reports to clients and internal Cornerstone resources.
- Write/perform test plans to ensure efficient solution implementation within client environment.
- Develop or implement technologies that will increase operational efficiency, reliability, and/or availability of Cornerstone or client resources.
- Create knowledgebase articles to disseminate knowledge to Cornerstone resources and clients.
- Test products and solutions to determine whether they meet documented specifications and quality standards, and follow procedures to report failures.
- Set up network and computer hardware and software to test products and solutions. Duplicate or troubleshoot product and solution problems.
- Follow Cornerstone methodologies for solution delivery and issue resolution.
- Perform other short-term and long-term tasks and duties as assigned by Management.
Additional Requirements and Skills:
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure equipment and software including – routers, switches, server hardware, desktop hardware, network appliances, environment monitoring and management, Windows operating systems and server applications.
- Thought leadership regarding new technologies relevant for internet/web/cloud based solutions
- Stay abreast of new hardware, software and operating system technologies as well as the potential benefits and pitfalls of each one as they relate to solution offerings.
- Work performed should be error-free. Service should result in no or little downtime for our clients and internal resources. Upon work completion, there should be no callbacks for issues that were overlooked.
- Attention to detail.
- Documentation skills. Documentation should be complete, accurate, and delivered with the completion of implementations or issue resolutions. It should be written to be easily understood by the target audience.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication (written and oral) skills with staff and clients to develop an environment that promotes quality. Communication must be clear and concise.
- Ability to communicate/explain technical concepts to non-technical people and clients.
- Develop materials and deliver training to client end-users as required.
- Follow up after client contact to ensure quality and clarity of solutions.
- Network scripting.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to and train other Cornerstone resources to facilitate team growth.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Obtain/maintain product/technical certifications.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Maintain skills in technical topics in order to efficiently execute job functions.
- Technical Skills:
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Active Directory
- MS Office 365
- IT capacity planning
- Windows XP/7/8/10 desktop
- MS Exchange, IIS Administration
- MS Remote Desktop Services
- Backup technologies (Veeam, Intronis/Barracuda, Azure Backup, ASR)
- Cloud computing technologies – AWS/MS Azure
- Disaster Recovery approaches and technology
- MS Sharepoint infrastructure a plus
- SolarWinds Enterprise monitoring product suite a plus
- Linux/Unix experience a plus
- Relevant Microsoft certifications a plus
- VB Script, Powershell, WMI, WSH a plus
Our mission is to partner with our clients to provide exceptional services and solutions that enable them to focus on and improve their core business.
Cornerstone offers a suite of business and technology services designed
to help our clients achieve superior business results, operational excellence,
and realize tangible gains and ROI from information technology (IT).
Our business, IT, and project management consulting services allow
businesses to focus on what they do best – servicing their customers and
partners. Cornerstone is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
in the state of Maryland.
Cornerstone has three main business lines: Application Development and Management, IT Infrastructure / IT Managed Services, and Business Advisory.
The Application Management and Development practice leverages tried and proven approaches and strategies to help our clients achieve their application management and development goals. These services are aimed at enabling our clients to enhance and sustain operational efficiency and profitability.
Our Application Management and Development services team:
possesses deep systems management and application development experience
possesses specialized experience in all phases of life cycle management
(analysis, design, development, testing, deployment/implementation, maintenance and support)
leverages best of breed methodologies and best practices to ensure continued client success
tailors our approach to align with client objectives
Service Areas include:
Application Development Solutions – Web and mobile application analysis, design, development and management
Data Management Solutions – data conversion, migration, administration and reporting services
Innovative Product Solutions – custom solutions analysis and development; integration services
The IT Infrastructure practice partners with our clients to assess, design, test, implement, and support systems that facilitate their business operations. Typically we perform cloud migration assessments, perform cloud migrations, provide backup and disaster recovery services, email/messaging solutions, and IT consolidation through virtualization or cloud. We also offer IT Managed Services, where companies outsource their IT operation to us.