Business: Boys Town
As one of the leading research hospitals in the country, the Boys Town team is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help develop various Boys Town hospital research applications. In this position you’ll be working alongside research scientists and other software engineers to develop software to support cutting edge grant research and interdepartmental data sharing. The position is looking for a qualified individual with experience working with API’s that integrate with hardware as well as front end application development. This staff member will be developing both desktop and cloud applications. Working experience with a cloud platform, such as Microsoft Azure will be helpful. Experience with unstructured data processing is a plus.
Schedule : Full Time
- Codes, tests and develops complex software applications to support organizational requirements.
- Develops new web applications based on system specifications and requirements; presents analysis, designs, and prototypes.
- Writes and performs unit testing to ensure quality control.
- Follows an Agile Methodology.
- Participates and leads the team in establishing and maintaining coding standards.
- Determines operational feasibility through problem definition and analysis and recommends solutions.
- Oversees the strategy of CI/CD pipeline integration as well as automated testing practices. Coordinates efforts to apply code repository branching best practices.
- Designs, maintains, and monitors database structures for core systems and related systems to ensure data integrity and eliminate data redundancies.
- Coordinates project activities with internal staff, software vendors, and other users to meet system objectives.
- Develops and maintains high customer satisfaction while working in partnership with vendors, cross-functional teams and management.
- Cultivates data for business insight via organizational reporting tools.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with a diverse background of architecting complex organizational solutions that maximize simplicity and adaptability. Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems preferred.
- This position may require on-call work to provide additional support and/or may require work to be performed outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Technical certifications are preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of containers and cloud-based strategies.
- Proficient in writing unit test using unit testing framework, such as Jest, Enzyme, or Sinon.
- UI/UX experience, knowledge of browser/platform/device compatibility and responsive and adaptive design and development principles.
- Proficiency with maintaining version control, BitBucket or equivalent.
- Experience developing Restful web services and APIs with a compiled language like C#, NodeJS.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with senior level staff.
- High level of professionalism, customer service, integrity, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL), including complex queries and T-SQL. Or non-relational databases (MongoDB).
- Experience working with reporting tools, such as Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, or other reporting tool equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with building prototypes using tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Adobe XD is a plus.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 13th, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.