Modis is searching for talented senior software engineers, specialized in Java, to support our client near Baltimore, MD (Windsor Mill). This is a fantastic, long-term opportunity working for Modis with full time consultant benefits, supporting one of the U.S. federal government’s independent agencies for the remainder of their 10-year contract. Apply today or message me for more info!
If you are experienced in Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Angular, Struts, and/or AWS – I want to chat with you!
What you bring…
Extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
You will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Skills we’re looking for…
• Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring MVC or Struts & Spring Boot
• Good understanding of Hibernate, JPA and JDBC
• Good understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
• Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for application.
• Work in DevOps Environment.
• Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
• Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
• Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
• Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
• Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar)
• Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
• Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
• Excellent communication and written skills
**US citizen or permanent resident with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance**