SUMMARY: The Sales Associate coordinates customer relationships by developing new contacts and business opportunities. This position involves preparing customer job quotes, expediting customer orders, assisting customers in the showroom, taking phone orders, and helping solve problems with customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Internally coordinate customer relationships
- Meet with customers in our showroom to make selections and provide knowledgeable suggestions
- Express great attention to detail and follow up for each job and account that you are responsible for
- Demonstrate knowledge of products and assist prospective accounts to select those that best suit their needs
- Familiarize and demonstrate established accounts with new products and developments
- Prepare price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, etc., and prepare orders subject to the approval of the company
- Display excellent customer service skills via e-mail, phone conversations, and in person
- Determine the potential of a new account
- Utilize computer system throughout the entire job process
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Experience in a sales role preferred but not required
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply basic math and measurement concepts
- Majority of the work is done independently but amongst other members of the sales team
- Very minimal travel required
- Minimal time spent in shops only when showing a customer products or have a question for a shop employee
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Since 1976, Midwest Tops, Inc. has been providing the building and remodeling industries with the finest in manufactured countertops. Our one-stop shop specializes in a broad range of custom fabricated products offering you value engineering ideas, while simplifying your selection process and expediting your building process.
As a company, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service by taking a hands on approach with each one of our clients. We strive to help our customers find a surface that fits not only their budget, but also their lifestyle.
Throughout the years, we continue to find passion in adapting our business and facing new challenges that take us "Beyond the Surface."