RESIDENTIAL LOAN OFFICER
Responsible for generating consumer and residential lending relationships of sound quality, depository accounts, and developing lending relationships. To provide superior customer service. Reports to the Senior Lending Officer.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree and two years lending experience. Knowledge of consumer loan and residential loan regulations. Prior experience in a customer service environment. Customer calling experience and ability to meet minimum sales call goals independently and with the Senior Lending Officer. Knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues. Adopt and adhere to the Bank’s core values,
Duties and Responsibilities
· Meet mortgage loan operational standards by contributing mortgage loan information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer standards, resolving problems
· Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships with the community, to include real estate brokers/agents, attorneys, accountants, insurance brokers
· Approve mortgage loans by examining the application and supporting documents, estimate credit-worthiness, determining repayment risk
· Completes mortgage loans by monitoring collection, verification, and preparation of mortgage loan documentation, scheduling, and completing mortgage loan closing
· Protect Bank’s image by keeping mortgage loan information confidential
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and staying abreast of regulatory changes
· Interview loan applicants and assist with the completing application documents
· Review loan renewal requests to insure continued credit-worthiness and timely loan payment
· Submit loan applications to Loan Committee for approval as applicable
· Communicate denial to applicants
· Be responsible for accurately closing loans; review documents for exceptions and compliance, obtain proper signatures, approve funding for the loan, service the loan throughout the life of the loan
· Assist management in the development, installation, and implementation of new products and services
· Contact and counsel customers with delinquent accounts by phone or letter. Monitor the past due list on a timely basis and arrange for collection of delinquent accounts
· Inspect and evaluate collateral pledged to existing and prospective loans.
· Approve the Insufficient Funds report daily
· Adhere to Loan Policy with zero tolerance for non-compliance
· Be responsible for oversight and management of HMDA and LARS reports.
· Coordinate Bank repossessions and foreclosures and act as liaison with attorneys as needed.