Project Manager – Commercial Construction/Tenant Improvements – Sacramento Valley
Responsible for management of tenant improvements, renovation, and major repairs of contracted properties. Must be able to analyze property conditions and collaborate with multidisciplinary groups to protect the interests of Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with the Chief Estimator in analyzing the condition of a specific property and works with the Real Estate Development division to determine appropriate scope of work needed for repairs, renovations, and value-added improvements.
· Prepares Estimates to develop detailed project budgets and obtains necessary corporate approvals.
· Manages assigned projects to ensure that quality, efficiency, and budgets are met with in house labor and subcontractors as needed.
· Creates a project schedule and manages the project to ensure completion is accomplished in a timely manner.
· Collaborates with the Director to determine the most effective use of internal resources and outside subcontractors needed to complete the project.
· Obtains the necessary permits and approval for the project and coordinates with public entities.
· Meets regularly with the Director and presents status report addressing the schedule, budget, and issues that could affect the successful outcome of the project.
· Identifies and selects subcontractors and vendors needed to accomplish the scope of the work, prepares bid packages, negotiates pricing, negotiates construction contracts, and approves payments according to company policies and procedures.
· Maintains communication with Superintendents, General Superintendent, and other corporate departments on all aspects of the construction projects including schedules and milestone action data.
· Functions as primary liaison with tenants with respect to delivering the improvements required by the lease agreement.
· Responsible for project close-out by obtaining certificates of occupancy, processing and submitting invoices, warranties, punch list completion, and verification.
· Develops and maintains a database of facility/construction information and actual historical costs.
· Coordinates with Architects and Engineers to provide appropriate design and plans and specifications for projects.
· Responsible for overseeing construction quality assurance and ensures that all work is performed in accordance with the contract documents and approved manuals and procedures.
· Must walk projects regularly, manage competing demands with organization and effectively communicate with stakeholders regarding scope of work time management and multi-tasking as well as guide stakeholders towards operational efficiency to complete projects as planned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and construction management software, specifically ProCore. Experience in CAD would be beneficial.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in Construction Management or Engineering preferred; Masters a plus and ten years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid California driver’s license and a clean Department of Motor Vehicle record.
Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, pregnancy, ethnicity, or any other legally protected status in accordance with the requirement of federal, state, and local law.