Job Description – Production Worker
1st Shift, 5:00am – 1:30pm, Monday thru Friday
2nd Shift 1:30pm – 10:00pm, Monday thru Friday
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Glass fabricator is seeking a production worker with experience working in a manufacturing environment. Candidate must be able to understand instructions whether they are written or verbal, and follow said instructions. Workers are required to complete their work with accuracy and efficiency. The nature of all production positions is repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
KEY DUTIES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Specific duties could involve but are not limited to operating a variety machinery including polishing equipment, drilling equipment, CNC machinery, laminating equipment and other glass fabrication equipment.
· Quality, Units per Man Hour, Safety, Housekeeping
· Meet commitments and works within the guidelines
· Incorporates Company vision and values in day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Company philosophy.
· Adheres to all facets of safety policies and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not the complete list of all responsibilities.
· One year of production experience or similar preferred.
· Two to three years of work experience.
· Knowledge of safe work practices.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Read a tape measure
· Math skills
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Read/write English.
· Operate various tools
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
· May be required to frequently lift 50+ lbs
· Hand dexterity and strength.
· Overtime may be required, including weekends.
· May be required to work a flexible schedule.
· Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
· Hearing protection and safety glasses required, additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
· Work surfaces are primarily concrete. Personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 12 hours a day.
· Noise level in work environment is usually loud.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English, Spanish E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
Equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. At-will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour