The Product Technical Support Specialist’s main objective is to provide after sales support for our Ductless Mini-split and PTAC equipment. The Technical Support Specialist assists with installation and troubleshooting guidance to installers and field technicians. The ideal candidate will be proactive in recognizing potential equipment issues, offer solutions looking beyond the obvious and will communicate directly with factory engineers. The Technical Support Specialist’s role plays an essential part in launching new products by testing, providing feedback, reviewing and improving installation and user manuals.
· Serves as a primary contact for technical support phone calls and e-mail inquiries from contractors and wholesalers.
· Assists and advises customers on selection, application and operation of Perfect Aire Mini-split and PTAC units.
· Work directly with Customer Service for warranty parts and warranty replacement units.
· Work closely with the factory engineers on resolution to equipment issues.
· Review, clarify and update all manuals accordingly.
· Review BOM’s, provide part suggestions and stock quantities for previous and current equipment.
· Maintain up to date certifications and industry standards on all equipment.
· Test new product samples; provide feedback to sales and upper management.
· Performs occasional product verification or operational testing in tech lab.
· List equipment with various energy efficiency programs and verify equipment meets eligibility for rebate requirements.
· Create equipment training courses, installation and troubleshooting and videos to share with customers and installers.
· Coordinate with third party consultants for factory inspections; provide specs, packaging, necessary data and requirements.
· Review specification sheets and confirm equipment data.
· Assist and attend various product training sessions throughout the year.
Skills and Specifications