Eaton’s Electrical Crouse-Hinds/B-Line/Oil & Gas organization is currently seeking a Product Line Manager (PLM) to join our team. This position is based at either our Highland, IL or Syracuse, NY facility.
The PLM is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Bolted Framing portfolio including the financial strategy, product development and marketing programs to drive profitable sales and margin growth for products.
In This Function You Will
- Manage virtual P&L for the bolted framing product portfolio to exceed financial commitments.
- Recommend, develop and pursue long term growth strategy and objectives for Crouse-Hinds/B-Line – Commercial Construction Solutions.
- Identify and recommend new products for development and/or private branding.
- Implement and effectively coordinate the product development process to insure timing of product introduction and acceptance in the market.
- Recommend and initiate changes in current products and pricing necessary to maintain and increase sales and profits in accordance with corporate goals and policy.
- Maintain current and required knowledge of the marketplace to be thoroughly appraised of all new or modified product opportunities as well as developments that may impact products or ability to sell them.
- Evaluate product success in the marketplace through internal reports and direct contacts with field sales, customers and distributors. You will recommend adjustments to marketing and sales efforts when and where necessary.
- Plan and determine product pricing policy consistent to obtain optimum volume and market position, and profitability.
- Recommend and develop marketing strategies and programs along with promotional materials to increase market share of existing products.
- Analyze competitors’ actions, product developments, pricing strategy, product policies, and activities. Prepare and publish appropriate details for use by Field Sales.
- Prepare pricing and proposals for special products within assigned product families, as requested, by special products, pricing and proposals administrator.
- Resolve product inconsistencies arising from manufacturing and engineering inquiries, changes in vendor supplies, and customer complaints.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering, marketing, operations or field sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Electrical product industry experience
- Proven examples of product development and portfolio management experience are essential.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America – Canada
United States-Texas-Sherman, United States-Illinois-Elk Grove Village, United States-New York-Syracuse, United States-Nevada-Reno
Highland IL Loc
EPG BLD BLine Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :092118