Johnson & Johnson is looking for Principal Network Architect, reporting to and working closely with Head of Global Network Architecture and Engineering to develop and lead Network strategy, roadmap and designs to help transform our future in Software Defined Networking vision, as we go through major transformation across Global Network services at J&J.
Preferred Location: NJ/NY. Secondary: US Remote
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to Sr. Director Network Architecture, Engineering & Automation, Principal Network Architect with Cloud native/Cloud first approach, is a Lead Architect for assigned Network domain will develop strategy and collaborate in the overall development of JNJ’s Network solutions, partnering with network engineering, deployment, Ops and Security, along with other infrastructure teams including but not limited to Cloud. This position delivers on Major initiatives including Software Defined Datacenter, Multi-cloud Network Architecture and overall Network strategy execution to enable cloud networking, SDWAN and SASE(Secure Access Service Edge) architecture, etc.
- The person will have deep technical hands-on experience working with Enterprise Networks, SDN/SDWAN, Multi-Cloud Network Architecture, Network Security and can provide analysis of vendor solutions and integrations with third party cloud solutions and providers.
- Proficiency with Enterprise Network technologies, to develop cost efficient network designs.
- Broad understanding of network virtualization, cloud computing, SDN/NFV, and overlay technologies is also desirable.
- The candidate must be able to transform complex problems and abstract concepts into executable technology solutions.
- The candidate will be responsible for documenting these designs and ensuring communication and delivery of these services globally.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain consistent communications with peer Architects, Engineering, deployment as well as operations teams, supplier management and vendors regarding requisite network infrastructure changes and improvement opportunities.
- Provide strong technical guidance and vision on Cloud native Network architecture
- Lead and drive Network Automation, AWS/Azure Networking, SDN/SDWAN design, validation, Lab and PoC testing and Pilots within Global Network Services.
- Own the development of network solution standards with appropriate documentation, templates, use cases and acceptance testing
- Collaborate with peer organizations
- Management for network standards and develop strategy to support global deployments at scale. This includes providing supporting documentation and training to the regional support teams.
- Collaborate with automation and tools engineering team to drive supportable solution development with vision of Network Automation.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions to Delivery, Operations and suppliers regarding changes in procedures, processes, documentation and frameworks.
- Leads the development of a release management plan for platform connectivity solutions.
Establish and maintain regular communications with the IT and business leaders, and department heads
- Bachelors in Computer Science OR related technical degree Or equivalent Experience
- 7+ years of Network Architecture, Design and/or Engineering experience with a highly available global production infrastructure.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with focus on SDN/SDWAN, Cloud Networks, AWS, Azure.
- 5+ years of hands-on working knowledge of Network routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Cloud routing, Cloud infrastructure architecture, IaaS/PaaS offerings from major providers, etc
- Passion of Network automation with scripting experience in at least one Terraform, Python, Perl and/or YAML is preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Working knowledge and understanding of Route optimization, load balancing, IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications.
- knowledge of developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies.
- Strong understanding of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management’s, and peer engineers.
- Self-motivated with keen attention to details.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and multi-cultural environment
- Mentor/guide the activities of network engineers and associated team members on the delivery of network services at centralized facilities and remote sites.
- Provide technical and project leadership for complex data center, Campus and wide area network projects driving continuous improvement, the adaption of virtualization/automation, and a security approach.
- Confidently, effectively and efficiently present complex technical topics in a manner suited to the different level of the audience.
- Travel up to 10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-1003 US HIghway 202
North America-United States, North America-United States-Maryland-Lexington Park, North America-United States-Virginia-Arlington, North America-United States-Texas-El Paso, North America-United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)