Locksmith Technician Job Responsibilities:
Maintain security of commercial locations by installing or repairing electrical/mechanical locking hardware.
Locksmith Technician Job Duties:
· Install, repair, rebuild, and service mechanical electrical locking devices (cylindrical, mortise or maglocks, rim devices and door closers), using hand tools, power tools and special equipment.
· Cut new or duplicate keys and rekey locks.
· Follow installation information from written work orders and inform personnel regarding status of work orders.
· Read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
· Participate in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying or gathering information required to perform job functions as well as to acquire and maintain general security badging requirements as well as those for specific sites.
· Maintain clean vehicle and a variety of tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operation condition.
· Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
Locksmith Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Moderate Lifting, High Energy Level (standing and/or walking throughout day), Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Troubleshooting and Problem Solving, Ability To Use Hand and Power Tools, Working Indoors or Out, Remain Focused While Doing Detailed and Sensitive Work, Basic Electrical/Electronic Understanding
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Clean Alcohol and Drug test
· Valid Texas Driver’s License and Evidence of Insurability
· Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
· Great work atmosphere
· Stable work in the growing security industry
· On the job training
· Experience based pay
· And more!