negotiable / monthly
CREW LEADER or ASST. CREW LEADER
Join our award winning Landscape company and grow your career as a Crew Leader.
Join our Professional Landscape team in Pontiac as a Crew Leader. Lead your team and grow your career with our award winning Landscape Company! Be outside, plant trees and shrubs during our busy spring/summer/fall season and install holiday light displays during the winter season. The ideal candidate enjoys hard, physically demanding work. Our crews work in most weather conditions. Our work is year round with no snow!
All candidates must demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, excellent customer service and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow directions in Construction Manual
- Practice overall safety on the job site and in the yard (includes proper truck, trailer and equipment operation and training.)
- Job site coordination with crew members
- Assist in reaching the projected hours proposed for each landscape project
- Keep proper maintenance of equipment
- Communicate professionally with clients
- Demonstrate a professional appearance at all times
- Follow the company policy and procedures
- Be able to read plans and complete the installation according to the scale plan
- Be able to perform warranties or small landscape jobs independently or with another crew member
- Assist with all tasks assigned to the crew for the landscape project
- Take on the responsibility to do a specific job within the landscape project
Skills and Abilities:
- Must load and unload product at each site
- Loader Operation preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to arrive to work on time
- Must be able to stand and walk 8-10 hours per day
- Must be able to adjust to seasonal temperatures – hot, cold, wet, dry
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must pass a criminal background check
What We Offer: for FUll Time
- Higher than average compensation
- Generous employee discount up to 50% off
- Paid training for Chauffeur's license, certifications
- Opportunities for advancement and grow your career
English Gardens is a family owned company who cares about their associates! We have 6 retail locations: EastPointe, Clinton Twp., Royal Oak, Dearborn Hts., West Bloomfield & Plymouth. We have an award winning Landscape company with 2 locations: Pontiac & Plymouth. We offer excellent benefits for our full time associates! We also offer career growth !