LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. We often say, “parking is our industry, but people are our passion”. Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
The LAZ Hospitality silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence. The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the country and excels at developing relationships through training, human connection, and career development for our employees and partners.
The Spirit of the Position:
The Hospitality Manager supports Regional Management with complete oversight of the financial, operational, safety and service-related success at their hotel.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for the financial, operational, safety, and service success at their hotel(s).
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of Assistant Hospitality Managers, Supervisors, Shift Leads and frontline staff.
- Ensure that increased revenue, controlled expenses, and customer satisfaction are maximized by maintaining the highest level of safety & service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Attend daily stand up meetings and resume meetings scheduled by client either personally or managed through Assistant Hospitality Managers / Supervisors / Shift Leads.
- Ensure LAZ internal stand up meetings (Pre-Shifts) are held each shift either personally or managed through Assistant Hospitality Managers / Supervisors / Shift Leads.
- Assist with the management and development of the Hotel team to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identify high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth, both within your region and outside.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and onboarding process for prospective employees.
- Ensure all safety initiatives from the National Safety & Training Manager, Hospitality are rolled out to new and existing employees.
- Address any and all safety concerns promptly.
- Drive service results and establish goals by monitoring and responding to results from LAZ Service Shopper Reports and hotel internal service metrics.
- Responsible for cultivating client relationships and business retention.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned hotel(s).
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
- Responsible for claims and safety related training, prevention initiatives, and claims processing including claims investigation, client and guest follow-up, and compliant reporting.
- Responsible for overall financial success including audit compliance and ensuring the operation follows audit protocol.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring LHIST data is entered daily and accurately.
- Responsible for financial management of assigned location ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements as it relates to staffing, scheduling and operational expenses.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Preparation of budgets/monthly reviews of profit/loss for their assigned hotel(s).
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- 1+ years Management experience.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry (Parking, Restaurants, Hotels, etc) is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environment with high customer expectations.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
· Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
· Capable of handling employee conflict, following grievance procedures, mediating and conflict resolution.
· Strong customer service skills and abilities.
· Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
· Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
· Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
· Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
· Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
· Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt, Non-Tipped
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.