The General laborer is a member of a construction team that is responsible for trenching, plowing, and placing aerial and buried communication cable, fiber optic cable, conduits and other associated facilities.
Reports to: Construction Foreman
- Opens trenches, backfills and compacts trenches using hand tools and power equipment.
- Pulls cable and wire through trenches and structural areas of buildings.
- Removes and replaces sod on easements.
- Placing strand and fiber, or copper cable in aerial applications.
- Self-motivated with ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with coworkers
- Be at least 18 years old
- Underground utility construction experience a plus
- Additional duties as needed
- Construction experience strongly preferred
- Must be willing to be on call for 30 days, every other month.
UniTek is a leading full-service provider of permanently outsourced infrastructure services, offering an end-to-end suite of technical services to the wireless and wireline telecommunications, satellite television and broadband cable industries in the United States and Canada.
We are a family of companies that include network engineering and design, construction and project management, comprehensive installation and fulfillment, and wireless telecommunication infrastructure services. UniTek Global Services subsidiaries presently operate in some of the largest metropolitan markets in the United States and Canada including: Texas, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Washington, DC and Toronto, Canada.