Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we are focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!!
How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
Prepares and spreads custom applications of agronomy products on customers’ fields, including dry and/or liquid fertilizer, crop protectants, lime and other treatment products. Performs general maintenance and repair work to keep equipment in good operating condition. Strictly adheres to established regulations and operating procedures while working independently at customer site.
- Prepare custom application of dry fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products according to customer work order. Transfer dry bulk products from trailers into bulk spreading vehicles. Handle, lift, load equipment and operate controls.
- Effectively operate bulk spreading vehicles including: Dry row spreader, John Deere dry body, Spreader Trucks and/or Terra-Gator. Apply dry fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products to customers’ fields. Ensure complete coverage to designated areas. Check equipment for proper application and spread pattern and make corrections as needed.
What you need to succeed:
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Prefer previous experience applying fertilizer, crop protectants and other treatment products and/or working an agricultural environment. Prefer experience operating a forklift. Previous Southern States work experience a plus.
- Able to learn and effectively apply knowledge of applicator equipment operation including precision ag software and hardware
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Office
- Vacation Buy-Back
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Merchandise Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.