* Schedules service appointments. Obtains customer and vehicle data prior to arrival when possible.
* Greets customers in a timely, friendly manner.
* Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for labor and parts. Establishes “promised time”.
* Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promise time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
* Test-drive the vehicle or refer to the test technician as necessary.
* Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
* Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers specifications, using maintenance menus.
* Maintains a dealership-prescribed standard for hours per customer repair order written.”
* Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
* Follows all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.