~~Professional, rapid growth orientated, well-established 8 year old customer service driven Electrical Contractor in the Winston-Salem, North Carolina area needs your overall electrical construction project estimating expertize. The company performs work in Virginia, Maryland, North & South Carolinas and Tennessee. This position will coordinate and provide the estimating activities of the company. He/She will meet the strategic Estimating goal of this organization, as well as to ensure that the company’s estimated profit is planned for in each estimated electrical project and each project’s scope of work is accounted for properly.
This position has total responsibility for the preparation of all project work papers, request for quotes and final quotes. In addition he/she is to provide the estimating guidelines necessary for planning, direction, control, and organization to complete requested estimates within the time frame allowed, a can-do attitude that enjoys a team environment that prides itself on exceptional customer service and creative problem solving skills, you may qualify for this position. This position reports directly to the President.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Secure electrical work, industrial construction and restoration (Lighting & Reto fit – build-out, Institutional dwellings, Private Sector, etc.) work for the company’
• Provide opportunity for the company to make a planned profit;
• Ability to build positive relationship with Developers, Architects and/or GC’s they come into contact with;
• Review all Post Mortems on Jobs to determine the efficiency and methodology of our estimating process;
• Estimating from a set of drawings or sketches, do take-offs. (Within guidelines);
• Securing pricing estimates from suppliers that are realistic to the project. (No “Architectural Estimates” or the WEG);
• Review when necessary with the Ops Manager as to the manpower and efficiency required to complete various types of work;
• Maintain close verbal communications with the PM during the project to critique the labor and material requirements of projects for future reference;
• Maintain regular contact with the PM during the life of the project;
• Within estimates document all necessary permits, certificates, bonds and insurance policies, as required by local, State, or federal regulations;
• Establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship with customers;
• Enhancing the image and reputation of the Company;
• Preparation of all work papers and the final quote or request for quotes;
• Provides on-going support and expertise for all assigned personnel;
• Associate’s Degree is required for this position, either in Construction Management, or Engineering. A combination of college level courses and industry experience may be substituted for the degree;
• 7 – 9 years construction/maintenance estimating experience in electrical general, commercial, or institutional construction. Project take-off and equipment need experience. Knowledge of general electrical contracting or industrial maintenance is essential.
• Verifiable experience with “IntelliBid” Software or other Estimating software for the construction or contractor industry;
• Must be able to clearly speak and write the English language preferred;
• Skills required in estimating techniques to meet tight deadlines.
• The uses of analytical and observational skills, which demonstrate an ability to organize, direct, budget, control and manage projects.
• This position must have the ability to convey instructions/ information in a clear manner to the Customers and/or GC’s.
• Must be able to read blue prints;
• Must be extremely confident and provide the willingness and ability meet production goals;
• Demonstrate good judgment in investigating facts and solving problems with applicable project and customer situations;
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition a fun, fair and honest environment, we offer a very competitive compensation package as well as a 8 – 9 hour work day, and the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our Company.