GYMBOREE PLAY & MUSIC
Play, Sing, and Interact with Children! Join in making a difference
Gymboree Play & Music is the world’s leading parent-child interactive play, music and arts program for children ages newborn to five years. In 2016, we celebrate 40 years of bringing play, music, arts and learning to families across the United States and around the world!
- Facilitate parent-child interactive activities. There are 3 core programs:
- Play & Learn classes include age appropriate play activities on our custom designed play equipment, songs, parachute play, and bubbles.
- Music classes involve instrument activities, singing, dancing and exploring a variety of music styles from around the world. Candidates must possess music background to teach Gymboree Music classes.
- Art classes offer hands-on, process-oriented activities including painting, sculpting, collage making and dress-up time, in addition to movement activities and songs that support different art themes explored.
- Additional Program (School Skills for children 3-5 years) opportunities for qualified candidates.
- Teach a minimum of two birthday parties per month.
- Sales/Customer Service
- Be responsible for knowing and achieving sales goals.
- Use features and benefits of Gymboree to provide information and sell enrollments, merchandise, birthday parties and special events to new and existing customers.
- Answer incoming calls, make outbound calls, greet and service customers.
- Work with Booker, our online database management system.
- Attend designated staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain site standards, including, but not limited to: cleaning, stocking and pricing of merchandise, and helping with equipment set changes.
- NOTE: Gymboree Play & Music provides all training necessary and teachers do not need to create their own lesson plans.
KEY SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Experience working with children newborn to 5 years preferred
- Solid group leadership skills
- Sales experience
- Beginning computer skills
- Phone skills
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. and move play equipment
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, gregarious, creative
Part-time available. Flexible schedule required; classes held weekdays, evenings and weekends.