DOT- Trailer Truck Driver
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else?
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
· Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
· Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
· Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
· Assure product quality to the best of the driver’s ability.
· Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment;
· Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
· Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
· When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
· Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
· Perform general labor duties when necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B driver
· Have a MVR that meets company standards.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
· Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What W&T Contracting Corporation Offers You
· A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
· Highly competitive base pay and other benefits.