Central Bark Jacksonville is in need of an energetic, motivated dog groomer to help grow our grooming business. Applicants must have solid experience (minimum 2 years or completion of an intensive grooming school program) and provide a portfolio of their work. Must be personable, professional, and great at interacting with human owners as well as canine clients.
Our management staff will manage incoming calls and scheduling on your behalf.
· Must be able to complete a grooming job from start to finish.
· Must be comfortable working with all types of dogs especially fearful dogs over time so they learn to love, or at least tolerate the grooming experience.
· Must be able to professionally communicate to parents and manage their expectations.
· Greeting and initial consultation with customers to ensure you know exactly what the customer is looking for. This also gives you the opportunity to assess the dogs coat and bring any concerns to their attention immediately.
· Checking dogs for parasites, lumps, bumps, or cuts prior to bathing
· Cleaning ears
· Expressing anal glands when necessary
· Trimming & dremmeling nails
· Shaving pads
· Bathing dogs in proper shampoo and conditioner
· Dematting, brushing, and fluff drying
· Plucking ear hair
· Ability to work as part of a team an absolute must.
Flexible schedule options – we are ready to book you grooms today!