TITLE: Warehouse/Yard Worker
TITLE: Belleville, Mi & Detroit Mi
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Plan, oversee and participate in the warehouse and material yard operations and activities of the Company
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan, oversee and participate in the warehouse/yard operations and activities of the Company; receive, process and issue warehouse stock; assure stock and warehouse facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
· Receive, identify, mark and place materials sent to the warehouse/yard per established procedures.
· Process requisitions for supplies; prepare various merchandise for delivery; prepare packages for shipping per established procedures.
· Assist with providing necessary security within the warehouse/yard.
· Communicate with various Company personnel, departments, vendors and others to provide and receive information, resolve questions and issues, and coordinate activities.
· Pick up and deliver items utilizing Company vehicles as required.
· Maintain a variety of records, files and reports; maintain records of stock and order supplies as necessary.
· Operate a variety of warehouse/yard equipment and vehicles (ie: forklifts, front loader, excavator)
· Train, provide work direction and coordinate the schedules and activities of assigned personnel; assist in training workers in computer operations and filling, shipping and stocking supplies.
· Operate a computer to process reports and forms, and maintain inventory of warehouse materials as required, a working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Modern warehousing and storekeeping procedures including shipping, receiving and issuing materials, proper and orderly storage, optimum space utilization and stock inventory procedures.
· Proper lifting techniques.
· Record-keeping techniques.
· A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
· Health and safety regulations.
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
· Inventory methods and practices.
· Plan, oversee and participate in the warehouse operations and activities of the Company.
· Receive, store, pick-up and distribute supplies, materials and equipment.
· Maintain appropriate stock levels.
· Establish and maintain effective storekeeping procedures.
· Train and provide work direction to others.
· Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
· Operate a computer terminal.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Lift heavy objects.
· Maintain records, inventory and prepare reports.
· Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· Meet schedules and time lines.
CES is a pioneering partner in joint trench construction combining electric, gas, communications, and CATV in a single trench. CES finds solutions to the most difficult construction problems in the densest urban to rural areas. CES has a proven record of quality, workmanship and assigns the highest priority to the satisfaction of clients, their customers and property owners.