Far West Contractors Corp
negotiable / monthly
We are seeking a well seasoned experienced CONSTRUCTION Project Manager to join our team and be part of our business development team. You will be responsible for the development, management and delivery of high end construction projects in the Commercial and Industrial markets. A candidate with a client base is a plus and eligible for a salary bonus structure package.
Leads, directs and coordinates the overall management of multiple ground up Industrial and Commercial construction projects. Reports to Project Executive and Principal management. Provides excellent client service, construction project management skills, contributes to growth of company, enhances own professional and personal skills, and meets assigned financial and schedule targets.
- Coordinate with Construction Project Superintendent in development of a project site logistics plan
- Maintain thorough understanding of the owner contract and implementation of subcontractor contract requirements from start to finish.
- Work with accounting and oversee the pay request process
- Monitor construction project costs and Job Cost Report
- Develop and manage construction schedules using Prolog, Microsoft Project or similar schedule formats.
- Monitor project labor to insure adherence to construction contract and schedule
- Communicate and document effectively with contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Review and approve material, submittals and RFI forming system and equipment needs
- Assist Estimating in bidding new construction projects
- Implement applicable safety, OSHA and Cal OSHA requirements on job sites
- Lead the project’s quality process
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors and owners to represent core values
- Confers with project team to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority within the scope of work and contract.
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or equivalent experience in CONSTRUCTION Project Management
- Minimum 5 Years of experience working on commercial, healthcare, science and technology and manufacturing projects in a Construction Project Management role.
- Intimate knowledge of construction principles/practices and contract law required
- Experienced dealing with construction subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Experienced with RFI/Submittal and Change Order process along with documentation of minute meetings
- Ability to simultaneously manage 3-4 multi million dollar projects throughout Los Angeles and Orange County areas.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving, motivational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a team and work independently
* A candidate that presents a client following will be eligible for profit sharing package
Must be a US Citizen/Person
Must provide a recent resume, and recent address
This job is in the Orange County / Los Angeles County
For more info go to www.farwestcontractors.com
submit full resume to email@example.com or call 714-636-8744