· Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
· Develop project schedules, plan materials, and purchase orders, ensuring work is within project scope.
· Responsible for qualifying sub-contractor estimates and bids, performing project buyouts, and managing subcontractors' progress against plan.
· Oversee the construction schedule, budget and insure project is completed within deadline and budget.
· Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
· Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
· Ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
· Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
· Communicate effectively with the Sub-Contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
· Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project.
· Periodic inspection of construction sites.
· Ensure project documents are complete.
· Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
· Managing client and consultant meetings, and client approval of progress payments and variations.
· Oversee and report progress and trouble shoot against construction schedules.
· Proactively managing all issues in relation to site occupational health and safety to minimize accidents and lost time.
· Preparing any necessary work flow schedules and monitoring same to enable meeting of reporting deadlines.
· Informing the Management team on the progress of the work on all significant matters relating to or arising from the duties and functions under your control.
· Ensuring that you maintain the name and goodwill of the company at all times.
· Develop strategies to promote efficient and cost effective work practices and monitor and analyze work practices and cost factors within the project team
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum 4 years of experience in commercial and industrial construction management
· Understanding the Project Management Lifecycle
· Field and office experience preferred
· Strong safety background required
· Thorough knowledge of general construction with a good understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing.
· Must be computer literate in Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Project. Familiar with Procore a Plus.
· Knowledge of construction practices and labor costs in construction, plus a good knowledge of the uses and costs of materials.
· Ability to multi-task, which requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality.
· Strong organizational skills (at times there will be many balls to juggle so being organized is an absolute must)
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a process improvement oriented mindset.
Our Company Culture is extremely important to us and we strive to promote a positive work/life balance for all of our team members. We offer competitive salaries, full benefit packages, and generous PTO.