INNOVATIVE MEDICAL PRACTICE LOOKING FOR THE NEXT TEAM PLAYER!
Who we are: An innovative medical practice focused on wellness and restorative health. We are just over two years old, and literally growing by the day!
What we are looking for: We are seeking a seasoned, highly motivated Certified Medical Assistant/ Receptionist to join our team part-time. In this role, you will perform administrative and clinical assignments that keep our patients happy and the medical practice running smoothly.
Dollars, Cents and Benefits: The minimum hours for this position are 35, with a maximum of 40 Monday through Friday, and will be compensated at $16-$18/ hour depending on experience. Benefits will be discussed after 90 days.
We would like a team player who can contribute positively to the growth of the practice by delivering operational excellence. If this is you, continue reading!
BUT BEFORE YOU READ ON, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS: The office is very busy Monday through Friday. You will be expected to 'wear many hats', so the ability to multi-task, stay organized and represent the practice in a professional manner is critical to the success of this role.
- Welcome patients and visitors with a ‘PATIENTS FIRST’ attitude whether in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Answer patient inquiries and large call volume. Must have the ability to navigate phone conversations promptly and with a professional level of customer service
- Maintain reception and back office areas ensuring spaces are clean and organized at all times
- Assist Physician with medical tasks such as taking vital signs, injections, and assisting sedated patients
- Respond to distressed patient needs or patient emergency
- Ensure exams rooms are prepped according to policy standards
- Keep patient appointments on schedule; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, reminding service provider of service delays
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information
- Protect and abide by patient confidentiality policies and regulations
- Ensure availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving of medical records
- Obtains revenue data by recording and updating financials, recording and collecting patient billing, controlling credit extended to patients, filing, collecting and expediting 3rd-party claims
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating supply needs, placing and expediting orders, billing reconciliation; scheduling equipment and service repairs
- Establish effective rapport with other employees, customers, clients, patients, families, suppliers and physicians
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School/ GED required minimum (Associates Degree is a plus)
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Must have experience in healthcare
- Must have an operational mindset: highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks based on importance throughout the day
- Knowledge of EMR and working with tablets (iOS/Apple)
- Comfortable with fluoroscopy/ C arm use
- Have the ability to work with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Technical aptitude and quick learner – must be able to quickly learn systems, tools and operational processes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Must have a reliable transportation