This support role is responsible for assisting procurement & merchandising functions of the company. This individual works with both internal and external (i.e. suppliers) cross functional teams (i.e. Merchandising, Category Manager(s), Finance, Supply Chain and Replenishment, Member Services) to support growth as well as continuous maintenance of the business. This position requires very strong communication, collaboration, cross-functional teamwork, presentation and building consensus through influence skills.
- Participate in data collection, segmentation and analysis of categories, subcategories and segments
- Support and coordinate inbound submissions of RFQ / RFP documents for the selected supplier bid process
- Work with Category Manager(s) to obtain the most competitive purchasing agreement
- Assist and maintain execution of supplier on-boarding (i.e. set up, startup and maintenance)
- Collect product content data from supplier and work with Data Team to set up/maintain in ERP system (item setup, item changes, cost changes)
- Assist Category Manager(s) in developing business plans that will meet budgeted revenue goals
- Prepare presentations and written communications to both internal and external customers
- Provide clear and concise regular updates on supplier program performance and project timeline calendars
- Ensure that negotiated programs are well communicated and well understood by all key stakeholders
- Validate data and provide analytical support as necessary
- Perform key project management duties as assigned
- Control communication/traffic to internal & external customers
- Obtain and maintain images in the Digital Asset Library
- Provide Suppliers with Monthly Sales Reporting
- Assist Members and Suppliers with any Inquiries/Concerns
- Other Duties as Assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in business, retailing, management, sales, or marketing preferred
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a retail and/or distributor/wholesale environment
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Knowledge of one or more areas of Product Management (brand management, supply chain, manufacturing, pricing, marketing/sales)
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills needed to interact with all levels of the organization
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Self-directed associate with the ability to drive results, take balanced risks and make decisions
· Ability to multi-task, define long and short-term objectives and establish priorities
- Understands the complexities of supply chain cost and pricing structures
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve and implement processes
- Ability to offer opinions and support senior management and business leaders (internal)
- Ability to “sell” your vision to our customers internal cross functional teams and our suppliers (external)
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean environment. The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping and significant fine finger dexterity.
No Travel Required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mid-States Distributing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.