Industrial Filling Line Maintenance Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Industrial Filling Line Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on high speed filling lines ( rinsers, fillers, cappers, packers, bottle printers, case printers, case erectors etc.) conveyor systems, palletizing and depalletizing equipment ; following diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
· Troubleshooting sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examining parts.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
· Controls downtime by informing production supervisors of routine preventive maintenance techniques.
· Fabricate and repair parts by using machine equipment.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
· Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Install, maintain, and repair mechanical systems.
· Perform maintenance or repair service for machinery.
· Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on equipment.
· Disassemble and restore to working order mechanical or electrical devices.
· Operate customary hand or power tools used for mechanical repairs.
· Keep service records.
· Account for parts and supplies inventory, if applicable.
· Participate in line changeover procedures.