One of the nation’s largest independent testing facilities seeks an Analytical Chemist with a minimum 3 years experience testing products for the pharmaceutical, nutritional cosmetic, personal care,medical device or allied industries. The position requires a working knowledge of testing products in a GMP regulated facility.
Responsible for performing physical, chemical and instrumental techniques on APIs, raw materials and finished products according to schedule. Must have the technical ability to understand client requirements and assist in the preparation of testing protocols.
- Run ICP/MS, GFAA on products according to compendial, client and internal methodologies. Method development experience is a plus.
- Additional experience with these instruments is a plus: HPLC, UV, IR, GC, DSC, KF
- Execute method transfer and validation protocols.
- Prepare standards and samples for analysis.
- Perform physical, chemical and instrumental techniques on APIs, raw materials and finished products.
- Document work clearly and accurately.
- Perform technical writing and peer review as needed.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or other related degree, preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of product testing experience in a GMP laboratory.
- Minimum 2 years of ICP/MS experience.
- GFAA experience a plus.
- Previous data acquisition software (Totalchrome, Empower) experience a plus.
- ISO 17025 experience a plus.
- Excellent scientific and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with an attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new techniques, multitask, follow instructions and comply with SOPs.
- Self motivated and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand/sit at lab bench and sit in office environment.
- Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience required.
- Ability to wear/use personal protective equipment as required such as lab coat, goggles, gloves, masks, etc.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Vision accuracy and color detection are required for this position
Our work environment is fast paced, team focused with room to grow and learn. Be part of a growing laboratory staff working on products for pharmaceutical, nutritional, specialty chemical and cosmetic companies.
Benefits: Medical, 401K, Vision, Life Insurance
This position is located in Fairfield, NJ.
Reloaction benefits are not provided.
*** No agencies or phone calls. ***
Please send resume by replying to this ad online (preferred) or mailing to:
L. Weiss (Chemist201701)
Consumer Product Testing Company, Inc.
70 New Dutch Lane
Fairfield, NJ 07004