When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for a position with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and detail oriented person to join us as a Utility Worker for our ACE barbecue cylinder business.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Generous bonus potential
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Paid Training
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
ACE is the AmeriGas barbecue cylinder business. The ACE Utility Worker is responsible to sort, inspect, clean, paint, label, and refill empty BBQ cylinders for sale to the customer. Utility Workers perform their duties in the outside production area of the AmeriGas Cylinder Exchange facility. AmeriGas Utility Workers have a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement. They maintain a safety focus at all times and wear the proper protective equipment as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to follow processes, procedures, and instructions
• Ability to function effectively as a member of a production team
• Basic mechanical aptitude
• Basic computer knowledge
• Work in a fast-paced environment
• Be able to stand 8-10 hours per day
• Ability to obtain required state licensing
• Ability to be forklift certified
Education and Experience Required:
• 1 – 2 years’ work experience in manufacturing is preferred
• High School Diploma or GED
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.