Remote Location within Wisconsin
Prairie States is seeking to fill the position of Account Manager with an accomplished and proven professional who possesses a successful trackrecord in self-funded employee benefits consulting and account management services. Reporting to the Senior Account Manager, the Account Manager provides superior account management and customer service for an assigned client list. The position location is flexible up to fully remote within Wisconsin with periodic onsite meetings to our Sheboygan, WI Office. Travel is required to existing clients for annual enrollment meetings, annual and interim benefit program review meetings, and for new client implementation meetings.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in customer related questions, issues and requests, with the assistance of the internal team when needed.
- Completes coordination of New Group Implementation, partnering with internal team, PBM’s, Networks, other vendors.
- Manages all facets of the renewal process, including presentation of data and results to the client and/or broker.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of internal reports and plan modeling system in order to educate and assist clients/brokers in their strategic plan design analysis for best performance outcomes.
- Assists in coordinating communications to clients/brokers on legislative changes, product enhancements, client updates, etc.
- Works with the Stop Loss Analyst to negotiate and deliver reinsurance and transplant quotes within deadlines and specifications for renewals.
- Assists with finalist sales presentations
- Writes and reviews Plan Documents and Plan Amendments with the assistance of our legal counsel.
- Creates clients’ Summary of Benefits and Coverages (SBC’s) documents.
- Updates the account management activities within the proprietary Account Management & Sales Tracking System.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Management or Business related field preferred with 5+ years successful experience in an Account Management role in the Health Insurance arena (i.e. TPA, Agency, or Brokerage firm).
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree in Business related area required with 7+ years of successful experience in Account Management role in Health Insurance arena (i.e. TPA, Agency or Brokerage firm).
- Current WI health insurance license or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Current driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact at multiple organizational levels internally and externally.
- Strong professional communication skills, listening skills, and presentation skills in a variety of venues, group sizes, and organizational levels.
- Strong technical and analytical skills in presenting and educating clients on benefits reports and providing a clear analysis and understanding of these reports with clients.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize and a strong sense of urgency and deadline driven.
- Possesses document writing skills (i.e. review, and completion of plan documents), report writing skills, managing processes and projects.
- Computer savvy and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Prairie States Enterprises, Inc. is a third party administrator, a benefits industry leader, and a trusted advisor to self-insured companies and their employees. We use our clinical background, our technical industry experience, and our never-ending commitment to customer service to change people’ lives. Year after year our benefit plan expertise assists companies to control health costs and keep employees and their families healthy.
Just as we are committed to improving the lives of our members, we are equally committed to cultivating the careers of forward-thinking, results-oriented professionals.
To the selected candidate, we offer:
- Competitive compensation (base + incentive) tied to experience and also a comprehensive benefit package provided to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, FSA, Paid Time Off, personal days, 401k with match, wellness and exercise membership and more.
- Opportunity for meaningful career growth within a results-driven company and our company culture is one of ambition, integrity, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for personal and company success.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking for career growth with a leading employer, please send your cover letter and resume following the application instructions for this site.
Please visit our company website at https://www.prairieontheweb.com.
Prairie Sates Enterprises
Equal Opportunity Employer