The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc…).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.